Sunday, March 25, 2012

And the winner is.....

16 weeks pregnant!


A friend from work had told me about Prenatal Miracles. It's in Va Beach and she did an early 3D/4D ultrasound at to determine the sex of her baby at 16 weeks! Most doctor's offices wait until 19 or 20 weeks. When I heard of this, I immediately told Robbie and we booked an appointment for the day I became 16 weeks preggo (Wed. March 14). It was only $100! Yes, I say only because the thought of waiting 4 more weeks was so nerve wrecking and if we had the chance to find out early we would have paid anything!!!

The whole experience was insane and amazing! They took us into a huge room with sofas and baby music playing in the background. I layed on the bed and the ultrasound technician found baby right away. Within 30 second she knew it was a GIRL!! She showed us the underside of her bottom and legs....kinda like if she was sitting on top of a copier...and sure enough... it was definitely a girl!!!! She told us so quickly that I was like, "What! Are you sure?!" hahah...I was seriously convinced we were having a boy. My instinct was dead wrong... I hope that's the last and only time LOL! Anyway, we got to watch baby girl sleep, wiggle her legs and arms, cough, and smile for 15 minutes!!!! OMG it was unreal. Her heartbeat was 152 bpm. They gave us a copy of the DVD and a CD full of still images, plus a gift bag. I would definitely recommend Prenatal Miracles!!

So....the night before I baked 2 cakes...one with blue batter and one with pink and covered both with chocolate icing. We had Robbie's parents, sister and fiance, MeMaw, Casey and Chris come over that night to reveal the gender! Everyone showed up in either blue or pink, depending on what they thought it would be. There was more blue! Ha! So, Glenda cut the cake and we all celebrated! Robbie and I showed them the DVD too. It was a great time :) MeMaw had bought girl and boy clothing so she went out to her car and wrapped the girl clothing and gave us a few VERY CUTE outfits. Robbie thinks we are all set now...hahaha!

That Sunday (March 18) Robbie and I had planned to go to Richmond to see my parents and sis. We were gonna go to the zoo, so that was our "excuse" to go home. The zoo ended up being closed though. Anyway, we showed up with a cake =) They were confused at first until they read the top of the cake and understood.


My mom cut the cake and we all stood around....


 priceless faces

my mom blew my dad's ear drums out, lol

BABY GIRL!!!!!!

Robbie and I are THRILLED!!!! We are just so excited that we KNOW and now we can decide on a name and decorate the nursery! baby girl!!!!!!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. love the pictures!!!! baby girl is so loved already :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I love the pictures, too!!! Especially your mom's face--priceless!!! Everyone is so happy to welcome a GIRL into the world! :) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete